Introducing our wonderful new Malbec – Raleo

Posted: 06/09/2016

Exclusively imported by Grape Passions, this wonderful Argentinian Malbec comes from the vineyards of Vista Flores, Mendoza, on the eastern flank of the Andes.

The Uco Valley is widely acknowledged to be the world’s best terrain for the Malbec grape and our delicious Raleo is testament to this.  Rich and smooth, brimming with dark juicy brambly fruit flavours and very easy drinking in style, the screw cap makes it ideal for pouring by the glass.

In Spanish, “Raleo” means green harvest.  This is the practice of thinning excess grape clusters prior to maturity, thus concentrating the vines mature flavours in fewer grapes.

60% of the wine is aged for 9 months in French and American oak barrels, while the remaining 40% enhances the fruity flavours of the final wine.  Just click here for more details Raleo Malbec